- Ascender Grant Program
- Other grant opportunities from the U
- Research Incentive Seed Grant Program from The Office of the Vice President for Research
- Sorenson Impact Foundation launched the Equitable & Resilient Recovery grant program
- The Office of the Vice President for Research’s The Faculty Small Grant Program (FSGP)
- Research Instrumentation Fund (RIF) Program - provides support to faculty and core facilities for new equipment purchases, or to replace/upgrade existing research equipment. The VPR Office runs two cycles of the RIF Program.
- Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) application assistance – As a member of the Office of the Vice President for Research (VPR), Won Yong Lee can help university investigators find appropriate funding sources and develop grant applications. He will help you seek and vet commercial entities to partner with U investigators. Contact Won Yong Lee.
- State and Federal sources
- Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) Services - The Utah Innovation Center, of the Governor’s Office of Economic Opportunity (Go Utah), provides free services to help Utah companies secure non-dilutive research and development funding. The Center also manages the Utah Technology Innovation Funding (UTIF) program that provides microgrants and nonrecourse loans.
- University of Utah 1850 Fund PIVOT Center manages investments in companies spun out of the U through its 1850 Fund. The Fund seeks to invest in promising U of U companies from pre-seed through later rounds of investment, with a preference for investing at startup and alongside top-tier investors in subsequent rounds. The Innovation Fund does not lead investments, but seeks to syndicate with experienced investors. The amounts of investment will vary based on industry and the stage of each potential investment opportunity. For U of U spinouts to learn more about the fund, please contact email@example.com.
- Other investment funds from the U
- Other sources - This is an ever-growing list of opportunities, so check back often.
PIVOT Center’s Pitch Prep Program
If you are looking for help preparing to pitch to investors please contact us.